A while ago, I decided to learn how to use the canvas and that for my first project I was going to write a breakout clone. Pretty standard fare for a first-time project :)
After writing some routines to draw blocks on the screen some weeks ago, I finally got around to doing some real work on it this evening. Two or three hours later, I'd ended up with a mostly working, radial version of Breakout.
There are still some obvious bugs (the collision detection is a bit shoddy) and it doesn't keep score or do anything special when you win but it's reasonably fun and I'm quite pleased with what I've achieved in just a couple of hours.
The code is released under the If-You-Steal-This-Without-Asking-Me-I'll-Bite-Your-Legs-Off licence ;)
Tags: blog games